Thursday, November 1, 2012

Flesh Eating Mutant Zombie Paramilitary Monkey

 A few years ago, I created this 8.5x11 inch printer-ready halftone shooting target for the local Project Appleseed group using pen and paper, a scanner, and GIMP.  However, you don't have to be woman or child that gets free rifle training in order to enjoy it - anyone with a desire to bullseye can, and now you can too.  Fire at will, netizen!

 




Around the same time, I'd been digitally sculpting with Sculptris, so I thought I'd try to make a 3D version of the 2D drawing.  Turned out all right, but considering the model is all triangles and thus has no topology, it is unsuitable for animation.  When Blender3D updated to the 2.6x series, I finally could understand the UI and see the potential within after much flailing with 2.49 and 2.5x.  I soon appreciated it's most excellent snapping tools to retopologize the static mesh so it could be animated.  I'd not got very far if it weren't for Jonathan William's modeling tutorials at CGCookie.  Later, I discovered the Blenderella series on Youtube, but I digress...

No comments:

Post a Comment